It's finally done with the exception of a few bits that I am waiting to pack that are drying or I still need to get. I thought I'd share my list as I used a mixture of all the lovely ladies ideas on here î— please don't forget that I know I will be in for at least 48 hours after the birth due to high risk so you may not need some of the things if you are a "quicky"!!!
My bag: Notes and birth plan Toothbrush and toothpaste Shampoo and conditioner Deoderant Facewash Moisturiser Lip balm x2 Hand cream Body moisturiser Body spray Towel Flannel Sanitiser gel Flash wipes (for toilet/bath!) Nipple cream and breast pads Maternity pads Disposable knickers Socks Bikini top (if water birth/using pool) Slippers and dressing gown Nursing bra x2 Ear plugs (if not in side room) Face wipes Hairbands and clips Tissues Book/magazine Snacks/drinks Flip flops for showering Paracetamol Tens machine Massage ball Music Water bottle Nightie x2 Pj's for after birth Pregnacare vitamins Coins in a purse (not taking bank cards on ward in case stolen)
Hubby to bring comfy going home outfit and baby's outfit to hospital.
Baby's bag: Change mat Nail clippers Sudocrem Nappies Nappy sacks Baby wash, towel and wash mitt Baby wipes Cotton balls and buds Blanket Muslin squares Bibs Sleep suits, vests, hats Scratch mitts Aptamil cartons
I have packed the baby clothes in sandwich bags - a vest, hat, pair of mitts and sleepsuit in each one so no faffing about looking for things!
Hubby's bag: Change of clothes Deoderant and wipes Toothbrush Magazine Camera Drinks/snacks
I am sure there are lots more things and I am open to suggestions for things to add!!!
4. Castor Oil-it will stimulate ur bowels and in turn irritates your uterus and causes it to start contractions **downside-if you not already showing signs of labor it will just cause a bad case of diarrhea and cramping.
5.Spicy Food-it will irritate ur bowels and in turn get ur uterus contracting
6. Acupuncture-if baby isn't ready to make an appearance, acupuncture alone isn't likely make it happen.
7. Acupressure-2 pressure points that may induce labor: the webbing between your thumb and index finger and the inside of your leg about 4 finger-widths above the ankle bone.
8. Nipple stimulation-messaging and twisting for a few hours a day can cause your body to release the hormone oxytocin(which brings on contractions) **practitioners generally don't recommend this one bc it can cause long, painful contractions that could lower baby heartbeat.
9. Message-it raises you body's level of oxytocin.
10. Meditation and relaxing-which could get ur levels of oxytocin up(no coincidence that majority of labors start late at night when mom is warm and cozy in bed)
11. Stripping Membranes- only a healthcare provider can do this. They will separate the bag of waters from ur cervix and this is thought to help encourage labor.
12. Raspberry Leaf Tea-not actually known for it's inducing properties but is believed to be helpful in toning the uterus and helping with labor.
13. Bouncing on birth/exercise ball.
14. Bumpy car ride
15. Dancing-don't do anything too drastic....the the swing in ur hips may help baby think about coming out.
My baby girls only a few days old and refuses to sleep in crib. She sleeps perfectly fine during day in and out pram then at night I can't put her down without her screaming. I am usually sitting up til all hours with her in my arms then she goes in pram for a couple of hours if I'm lucky. I have tried a swaddle and no luck.. Dont know what to do anymore dint know if she's safe sleeping in icandy peach carrycot?! xx
Hi mummies can anyone recommend a good breast pump? I was going to get a manual but have been told not to bother and pay the extra for an electric however don't want to spend over a Â£100 on one!!! Any reviews would be great! Xxx
So I just got a sweep this afternoon having light period like cramping now and then and really sore thighs and I'm sure I've just had a bloody show. Midwife said I wouldn't need a pessary during inducing and that she felt baby's head! Been for a walk now having hot bath! Anyone had any luck with sweeps? xx
Today was the day I was meant to get induced, came in at 5 was put in a bed got blood tests taken then waited until 9pm for a bloody doctor to examine me. The last doctor from earlier this week had said I wouldn't need pessary or gel I would just need waters broken and this was confirmed by doctor today. It's now 11pm an oh has been sent home as there is no beds in the labour suite for them to break my waters!! I've been here since 5pm and wondering what the bloody point was ne being here if their just telling me to go to sleep until the morning and then they will break my waters. There's no way in hell I'm going to sleep in this noisy horrible hospital so I'm going to be exhausted for the birth. I'm so angry î‡î xx
I've been in hospital since yesterday waiting to be induced. The pessary/gel isn't needed as my cervix is dilated enough to break waters. OH got sent home last night and we were told we shouldn't be waiting long for a bed in the labour suite. Been here for about 15 hours now and I'm still not in labor, the only thing I've had is a blood test. I'm so angry and upset but nothing I can do as I'm not high priority as I'm not actually in labor yet î‡î xx
Are you sure you wish to flag this group as abusive? An administrator will be informed and will review the group.
Are you sure you wish to flag this message or one of its replies as abusive? An administrator will be informed and will review the message thread.
Alt12 Apps Staff
Are you sure you wish to flag this reply as abusive? An administrator will be informed and will review the reply.
Alt12 Apps Staff
Are you sure you wish to flag this poll as abusive? An administrator will be informed and will review the poll.
Alt12 Apps Staff
BabyBump respects your anonymity. We realize that not everyone is ready to announce their pregnancy to the world and for that reason members of the BabyBump community go by usernames. Please enter a username in the space below.