This is my second baby that we'ce just decided to ttc and I'm already suuuuuuper excited 😄😄😄
Anyways. Eventhough we're not even pregnant yet, I'm aleady thinking about:
- what care I want during pregnancy. I want as little as necessary. Probably a 20week organ scan, otherwise just about 6-7 appt with a midwife.
- finding out the gender. After finding out I'd get the girl I've really hoped for with my dd, I want to be surprised now.
- where to give birth. My dd was a natural hospital birth, this one I definitely want to have at home, maybe even unassisted.
- what name to give to the baby. I have a favourite girl name that everybody thinks is crazy: Pip 😃, no boy name yet.
- who to have at the birth. We'll invite my mil (who I love more than my own mom), my two sils, my mom (maybe) and my daugter can peak in if she wants to. Maybe also some doula friends of mine (I'm a doula).
- what to do with the placenta. No clamping before the cord completely stopped pulsating. I'm even considering a lotus birth, but shhh, don't tell anyone or they'll think I'm crazy 😝. Then I'd like to plant a tree on it.
Yes, I realise that I've become quite the hippie 😀😜. I'd never would have thought a couple of years ago. But I love the strength and beauty of giving birth that I'm already anticipating doing it again hopefully soon!
What about you girls? I'd love to hear your thoughts, plans and hopes on things.
Why have we women been made to fear labor and birth? Why are so many choices being left to some dr? Why are insurances willing to cover an elective c-section but not a home birth? Why do women still have to fight to have the right to choose where and with whom they want to give birth? Why are so many women being ridiculed for wanting a natural and drug-free birth?
It's time us women take birth back! We are awesome! We are capable! We are strong! We are overcoming! We are mothers! 💗
Btw, the documentary is great!