Welcome to the Baby Names group. Please keep the following in mind as you read and post:
Posting in this forum means you are asking for another's opinion. <b>You may not like what the rest of the community has to say about your name.</b> If your chosen name is very special to you, then consider asking only people in real life whom you trust for an opinion and not an anonymous online forum.
Likewise, for those commenting - please remember that you are not just discussing name spellings and meanings, but someone's future child. If you cannot find a way to phrase a constructive criticism so that is kind, sensitive, and helpful, <b>consider not posting at all</b>. The world will not end if you do not express your opinion.
Here are some examples of posts made to this forum every day. Theses kind of posts hurt feelings and usually drag a discussion into name-calling, moralizing, and personal attacks:
- Spelling it that way is low-class
- Only ignorant people make up their own names
- Your baby will hate you for giving him a plain name when he grows up
- I like traditional spellings, but think the sound of the name is beautiful.
- Naming a baby a brand-new, original name is not for me. I admire your bravery.
- Personally, I like names that aren't ones you hear everyday. i was the 9th Jennifer in my class.
If you make a post you later regret - either a top post asking for help or as a reply to a question - you can <b>self-moderate</b> by using the edit or delete function on the post.
Likewise, please make use of the "Report Abuse" button for any posts that cross the line from constructive criticism into abuse or attacks.
Naming is hard work, mentally and emotionally! Thank you for helping make this group the best it can be.
Alt12 Community Manager