This group is for discussion and support for those considering vaginal birth after Cesarean section.
My water started leaking Monday night. I went to my
Midwife who confirmed it was amniotic fluid. She told me to go home and try castor oil to see if we could naturally induce labor. I woke up Wednesday morning with contractions for about 4 hours and then they just went away. We walked and try to start then back but they wouldn't. My fluid now leaking since Monday night scared me so we went ahead and went to the hospital to get it checked. I was admitted and was told I was going to get a low dose of pitocin to help induce labor. I was already 3-4cm and having some contractions so they thought it would help. That was until the on call obgyn came in a refused. He said with me never having a vaginally birth, my sac being ruptured more than 18 hours and only having 14 moths in between births, that he would not use pitocin on me. I would have to go into labor on my own or have an erc. They gave me until 4:30 am Thursday morning to be in full blown labor or we do the csection. By 4:30 I was at 5cm, -2 station and still only contracting every 5 minutes. They opted for an erc.
My midwife never came up here to fight for me or tell me that an erc is better. I needed reassurance and she wasn't there. I did see the in call midwife but she wouldn't fight for me either. We had an OB that was scared I was going to sue him if something happened during my vbac. To protect himself, I had to have major abdominal I surgery again.
My midwife then came up here the next day and says that I could have had her vaginally and she doesn't understand why the ob wouldn't give me pitocin but at the end of the day, it was his decision. She proceeds to tell me that if I wait 3 years in between kids, I can try a vbac again.
Guess I am just glad baby girl is healthy and I didn't get an infection for being ruptured so long.
I have had surgery on my cervix and it was deemed incompetent, I had a clerage at 12 weeks and removed today. I had preterm labor at 31 weeks and was hospitalized for 3 weeks. I stopped my anti contraction drugs (nifetapine) last night & stopped progestrone a few days ago. My doctor said my cervix was badly scared and had adhesions and wasn't looking like it will open, it is soft and very short though. I'm 36 weeks, babies head down. I am a VBAC candidate so can't be induced in anyway. I'm trying to bring on labor naturally as my Ob has said she may try to give me a spinal, take me to surgery, break up the scar tissue and then take me back to delivery to try a natural birth. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I've got lavender oil/jasmine oil, going to chiro and acupunture.